Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Heeeeeeeere's.... Bibles?

The last few nights at the hotel have been uneventful and trust me when I say I am thankful for that. However, a minor incident that happened this past weekend is on my mind. I'm not even sure if it can be classified as an 'incident,' maybe just a happening. A woman came to the desk in the wee hours of the morning on Saturday to let me know that there were Bibles lining the 4th floor hallway. Odd...

Now, a hotel can be creepy late at night... a scene right out of "The Shining." So imagine the same thing but with Bibles mysteriously lining your path down a long, deserted hallway. Is the boss man sending a message to the sinners of the 4th floor only? Maybe, or perhaps Gideon's people have struck again.

Freedom of speech can be a blessing and a curse. So, go ahead and spread God's love or hate or whatever you're after for the day but this act is going to cost some dough. Call me a heathen but I asked the bellman to remove all the Bibles. Why? Because I know people. If we had left the Bibles on the doors, I am absolutely positive that at least one person would have come to the desk claiming to be offended. They could claim to be the most devout atheist on Earth and demand their money back and then be right on their way to Bible study that afternoon. These are probably the same folks that claim someone has died to get out of something. Don't worry, they're digging their own grave.

Have I become the Antichrist? I'm going to go with no. I can just honestly say that even decent people are always willing to lie, cheat and steal... so why not get a free room night out of it?

1 comment:

  1. Why couldn't I get stuff like that??? I just got guys in their tightie whities passed out in the hallway! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete