Saturday, April 16, 2011

Friday's Abusivisity

I think we all can agree when I say customer service is abusive.

It's funny that I rely on all of these "customers" that make my stories so entertaining. What's going to happen when I remove myself from this type of work environment one day? I suppose I'll just have to interact with people on the other side.

I understand that in some situations I am going to have to be the outlet at 2:30 in the morning. I let them yell at me and get all their frustrations with life out on the desk. That's fine, I'm not taking it personally but when you question my intelligence repeatedly we're going to have a problem. What part of my not-so-smart self was being challenged? Oh just the issue of what kind of food will be delivered in the very late hours of the night (or should I say morning).

What I would have liked to say this particular individual:
IS THIS FOR REAL? You are going to continously tell me that I'm wrong? Do you understand the concept of time? Please use one iota of your brain for 2 seconds. You are in a city that you are unfamiliar with, it is in good ole' South Carolina, and the bars have closed. Can you get a hamburger? Why yes, of course! It's called McDonalds and I promise you they won't deliver and NO your car cannot be pulled around for you. Why? Because you're missing a shoe and you smell like a microwaved diaper. Is it safe for me to assume that you're intoxicated? Absolutely! You've obviously puked all over your shirt and you are double fisting some Natty Light... classy. So, for the fifth time here is the number for pizza. How can you be so picky? You're just going to throw up whatever you eat again.

Good thing I never act on these rants inside my head. There is no getting through to drunk people. I suppose my cavelierness (not a word) has saved another soul from turning to stone due to my death stare. Now if only my theory of permanent dunce caps would pan out...

No comments:

Post a Comment