Nothing like working the graveyard shift with a menopausal woman. I'm pretty sure my teeth have been chattering for about 2 hours now and dumb old me forgot my parka. Who woulda thunk that I'd need it in 90 degree weather? (Speaking of 90 degree weather, let's get excited about downtown reeking of horse crap for the next 5 to 6 months!)
My "midlife passaging" co-worker, Edwina, has successfully intercepted all of my attempts to adjust the thermostat all night. It's amazing, she'll be completely out and making a noise that I can only describe as someone wringing out an "oinking" pig and can still block my stealthiest of moves. Maybe it's just me but I'm thinking 60 is just a smidge too cold.
I think it would be pretty funny if we all wrote down what we ACTUALLY do on a resume. Mine would include some of the following facts:
- Constant state of amusement
- Professional vomit cleaner
- Certified rejector of old men's advances
- Point of over-reaction target
- Accomplished in waking up sleeping co-workers
- Skilled in the art of smartass answers to super douchebags
...and the always fun...
- Excellent messer of the messees
I can't say that my insane schedule is always a downer. I'm going to get my sleep on a deserted beach all day. Monday Funday!