Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Yay, Thugs!

I haven't had a full night of sleep since last Thursday and I have reached the tipping point... my exhaustion has become physically painful. I can take solace in the fact that I have the opportunity to sleep all day tomorrow, but I've got to make it through 6 more hours.

I'm surprisingly okay with having to work tonight. My not-so-powerful 2 hour nap was interrupted every 20 seconds by the shrieking child in the house next to me. I can't be mad at her. I'm sure that I would be just as upset if I realized my dad was displaying all of his samurai swords on the living room wall too.

The hotel is fairly dead this evening, aside from the usual Tuesday night debauchery, and I hope it stays that way. Edwina called out sick earlier and I enjoyed a secret victory dance inside my head. The past two nights have been consumed with her nightly habit, obituary reading... it's a little game I like to call "Wow, That Thug Was Such a Nice, Young Man." I'm sure at some point in our lives we will all have the unfortunate experience of knowing someone who has been taken under gunfire. However, this woman seems to know every single thug that's been shot up within a 50 mile radius and then continues to stress what a shame it is that they were killed. Do we see a problem here? I'm pretty sure the Universe is trying to say, "Hey, you're hanging out with the wrong crowd!" Hell yeah, I'm completely judgemental. If I could spout off 20 people a week that were guilty of armed robbery, drug trafficking, etc. and then died in some heist gone wrong... well, let's just say "GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!"

I'm feeling a little mean today. My sleep deprivation has got the best of me and I'm down on my luck... but I got to keep my head up.

1 comment: